Hi beauties! I know many naturals love twists outs and these 3 easy ways get perfectly defined curly twist outs every time will add more curl definition to your twist outs and take your natural hair to another level.
I’ve also included 7 amazing bonus tips for getting perfect twist outs at the end of this post but first, here are 3 easy ways to get perfectly defined curly twist outs by adding more curl definition to your twists.
1) Wrapping Perm Rods Around Your Ends
Perm rods wrapped around your ends is an easy way to add more curl definition to your twist outs.
Simply wrap a perm rod around the ends of each of your twists and secure it after twisting up your hair.
2) Doing Bantu Knots At The Base Of Your Twists
Bantu knots are a popular natural hairstyle that gives curls when unravelled. Combined with twists, bantu knots will leave your twists curly when unravelled which will give your twist outs more curl definition.
Wrap your twists around the base of your hair to form bantu knots. To prevent a frizzy twist out, apply an oil to your hands before taking down the bantu knots.
Did you know you can get featured on LushFro? Here’s how.
3) Curling Your Ends With Flexi Rods
Flexi rods are for more than just flexi rod sets. Their flexibilty allows different curl formations which you can definitely exploit by adding flexi rods to your twist outs for more curl definition.
Wrap one twist around a flexi rod and bend the ends to secure the twist, repeat this on all your twists.
I hope you try out any of these 3 easy ways get perfectly defined curly twist outs every time that will add more curl definition to your twist outs and when you do, please tell us your experience with any of these methods.
Getting your twist outs right in the first place is the most important thing so this 7 tips for getting perfect twist outs will help you to overcome problems you might be facing with your twist outs.
7 Tips For Getting Perfect Twist Outs
- Always start on detangled hair to prevent tangles when separating your twist outs later.
- Moisturize your hair before doing twists on damp or dry hair (whichever you prefer).
- Use a styling product for hold and definition like a gel or curling cream.
- Allow your hair to fully dry to prevent damp, frizzy and undefined twist outs.
- Always apply an oil to your fingers before you take down the twists.
- Gently separate your twist out to avoid losing curl definition and causing frizz.
- You can use a hairspray to set your twist out and make it last longer.
You can definitely include any of the 3 ways to add more curl definition to your twist outs (perm rods, bantu knots and flexi rods) after applying a styling product and twisting up your hair to get perfectly defined curly twist outs every time.
We’d love to know!
How do you do your twist outs? Do you prefer damp hair to dry hair?
More hairstyles you’ll love:
Follow LushFro on social media: